Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sky phoenix, presents and the most gorgeous weather of the year


When I stepped out the front door this morning I was pleasantly surprised to see the sun beating down on the pavement. A hop skip - a honey nougat roll - and a jump and I was at work. The morning flew by and then I was at lunch at Sky Phoenix. Seriously, some of the best yum cha in our fine city is served at Sky Phoenix. I focused on the dumplings and ate prawn, vegetarian, scallop, spinach and other tasty morsels.
Happily located in the refurbished Westfields, I stopped by Peter Alexander for a birthday gift for MIL. Then I walked back via the bookshop on Castlereagh Street, shot the breeze with a former colleague - darn those Waratahs! - and then found myself back at work.

Whilst I loved the dumplings, and the shopping, the absolute highlight of the day was the weather. We had the most fabulous warm breeze sweeping through the city today and I was thrilled to spend a portion of the day outside - half hour walk to work, half hour home again, 20 minute walk into the city, 20 minute walk back again.

Oh Autumn, you're being so kind to us.

1 comment:

  1. good weather can make such a difference to your mood! I never appreciated this until we lived in northern england for a year.. glad you made the most of the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete