Friday, March 11, 2011

Where have I been???


I got a new job! My contract at my last job - which I loved, loved, loved - ended at the end of 2010, so it was high time that I started participating in the economy again. I was in Canberra training last week, and had my first week in the office this week. It's been a steep learning curve - new operating systems, new protocols, new employer - but so far it's been interesting!
Whilst training in Canberra I ate at the Lemongrass Thai restaurant, at my brother-in-law's and at Pelagic - that great new seafood restaurant in Bailey's corner. Go! Support it Canberra! The sashimi is fantastic, the fish is handled beautifully and the chocolate fondant was perfectly gooey in the centre. The service was straight out of Conviction Kitchen - more than a little freaky.
I had my 'congratulations, you're employed!' dinner at Manta on the Woolloomooloo wharf. The most beautifully presented sashimi for entree and an amazing fish main. I love Manta - they are so respectful of the fish. Oh, and Owen Wilson was eating there as well - which was a little exciting ;)
My new job involves a walk past the original Spice I Am. How lucky am I? Last night I had the ho mok and chicken pat cha, and tonight I backed up with another ho mok. Dessert was a block of Dark Lindt chocolate with a touch of sea salt - delicious. But I am going to have to hit the gym. And give up the chocolate.
I went to Strawberry X for lunch today - it was ok, but nothing spectacular: tandoori chicken wrap - meh.
More good news is the proximity of the new work to Longgrain and Bodega (open for lunch on Thursday and Friday - yay!) and Assiette - three courses on Friday lunch for $35 - I kid you not!!!


1 comment: