Monday, February 21, 2011

The Black Swan, the Rabbit Hole and Stir Crazy

Oh my. I thought that perhaps today might be my last day off - but no word from the recruiter, so it looks like I have tomorrow off as well. To celebrate what I thought was my last day of leave, I sent to see The Black Swan. Well, I've heard it said "I have no words" in relation to this film and I cannot disagree. Natalie Portman is sublime. No one puts a pointe wrong. She will win the Oscar, and it is simply the standout performance of the last few years. Darren Aronofsky has directed a haunting film that will play with the minds of those who have viewed it for days, weeks and months to come.

I toddled off to the gym for a cycle class, grabbed some sang choi bow at the noodle bar in the David Jones Food Hall and then skipped back to the cinema to see The Rabbit Hole. Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart put in sterling performances and it is a beautiful film.

We went to Stir Crazy in Kirribilli for some cheap and cheerful thai. The satay chicken was tasty, but not spicey like some excellent versions are. Mr WE had the cashew chicken which he declared to be very good and I had the mixed (prawn, calamari, beef and chicken) salad which was super tasty and low carb to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment