Friday, February 18, 2011

Well it has to begin somewhere

After parking this blog quite some time ago - *slack* - I've decided to breathe some life into it and begin a record of my musings from the 'loo. Yesterday was great fun - I spent the day with Dr-to-be J and her very charming son S. I took some goodies: sausage rolls (lamb and harissa; beef, veal and olive) and tarts (rhubarb and almond, raspberry and chocolate, lemon) from the sublime Bourke Street Bakery.
Max Mannix: Mother and Child
I then caught up with some superior former colleagues at the place de jour - Duke Bistro. Oh my, did we consume some food! Scallops with lettuce, prawns with black mayo (I know, inconceivable!), braised octopus, rolls with radish and butter (divine!), grilled watermelon with herbs (a revelation!), veal pancakes, crumbed lamb belly and some super crispy chicken wingettes with sublime mayo and an amazing hot sauce. Go early, go often.

No comments:

Post a Comment