Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Tea Room, air conditioning, Kevin McCloud and dodgy Chinese

Well, on my way to the gym I received a call from the long lost Ms SHC and detoured to the Tea Room in Glasshouse for morning tea. I had the Sydney blend which is a delicate blend of green and black tea and bergamot (I think!) which is reminiscent of Earl Grey but so much less masculine.



Then I skipped home to speak to An Important Man about air conditioning our terrace. He said no to ducted but yes to units in our lounge/dining room, and in each of the bedrooms. The quote is yet to come, so fingers crossed that it is reasonable so that I have sweated my way through my last hot Sydney summer.



I then had the most wonderful afternoon session with Kevin McCloud. He was revisiting places again 4 of 5 years after last filming. It was wonderful to revisit old friends, but even better to spend the afternoon with the baritone Mr McCloud.



The ADRA Board meets in one of the private dining rooms of the super retro, super dodgy, VERY tasty Chinese Restaurant - the Celestial. Never failing to impress with its super kitsch food, we had chicken and crab soup, san choy bow, fried rice with green veggies, satay prawns, bbq beef, crispy skin duck and sweet pork. Please don't tell Michelle Bridges: I'm supposed be doing 12WBT!

No comments:

Post a Comment